Splash Day School - Millsboro, DE 19966
The SPLASH Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of SPLASH Day School. SPLASH was created to serve the community through offering a high quality day school experience that teaches Biblical values to enrolled families. Our desire is for SPLASH to operate with excellence in care, values taught/learned, safety, and fun.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the hiring process through interviewing, screening, background checks, state requirements, etc.
- Oversee the staff through scheduling, training, job descriptions, PTO, encouraging, vision casting, troubleshooting, disciplining, etc.
- Create and maintain personnel files for all staff
- Provide written compensation letters for all staff, employee file to bookkeeper upon hire and when any adjustment is made
- Conduct monthly staff meetings
- Oversee the Employee Handbook
- Communicate procedural, policy, tuition, or other important changes
- Discuss questions and concerns with parents
- Schedule and lead parent conferences as needed
- Oversee the Parent Handbook
- Greet parents frequently during drop off and pick up
- Oversee parent tours training
- Handle major behavioral issues with children and/or parents
- Fill in the classrooms as needed
- Purchase resources and complete requisitions as needed including submitting receipts for approved purchases
- Oversee operations to meet established budgets
- Oversee school events and field trips
- Oversee the summer program
- Update and maintain the website and social media
- Meet with the Board of Directors regularly and communicate any issues as necessary
- Maintain all state requirements for Day School operations and licensing
- Champion the vision and values of the church
- Research, experience, and implement ideas from industry bests/benchmarks for your department(s)
Qualifications and Skills
- Meet State of Delaware requirements for Early Childhood Administrator (http://kids.delaware.gov/occl/announcements/Center-Regulations-2015.pdf)
- Strong computer skills. Able to use newest versions of Microsoft Office and School Leader.
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead staff and communicate with parents.
- Health Insurance with dental and vision options. HRA account included.
- Retirement match up to 3%
Job Type: Full-time
Early childhood childcare: 2 years
Required license or certification:
Early Childhood Administrator
No other positions available at this time.